Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Byrne-ing Up


As promised!

Here's the image Rob used for my blog header. This presentation of it is just a little larger than the one on the top of the page.

Make with the clicking and you can read the info as well as see the pretty drawing. I do apologize for the splicing, but taking the staples out of a 24-year-old comic (this comic is of legal drinking age and then some!) and trying to refold, scan and frankenstein perfection is not a task for the weary nor impatient. Yes, I am gonna plead guilty to both today.

This is from Who's Who, Volume VII (7 for you Roman numerically challenged among my readership) from the first edition in 1985. Tapped to draw the DP, John Byrne must have been in his own personal heaven, as it took him nearly two decades to finally get his shot at the Doom Patrol in volume 4 of the DP title.

I wonder what it would have turned out like if Byrne had been given the all-clear for a Man of Steel-like reboot in 1985.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome header! That is really sweet looking. Nice job, Rob!

    I love the classic Who's Who entries. Especially this one with yummy Byrne goodness!

    The Irredeemable Shag
    http://firestormfan.com
    http://onceuponageek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, I recall some of my Doom Patrol books as being handled by Byrne. Would I be wrong? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails