Friday, June 19, 2009

Elasti-Girl Friday 11

Friday! Friday! Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I wasn't so sure this week would have a Friday. I started off under the weather (and the weather has been craptacular here in Michigan lately) on Monday and the week only got yuckier from there.

But I made it!

Anyhoo, I'm cheating my way through this week's Elasti-Girl Friday and hopefully expanding the knowledge of a reader or two at the same time. Rita's on the image below, so it counts, right?

The Source - specifically Alex Segura - dropped another Doom Patrol related sneak peek on us today. Take a lookie:
Nice, huh?
He also gave us Giffen's original thumbnail sketch:

So what is it? I dunno. I'm going to guess it's either:
a: an advertisement for the upcoming DP series (although Giffen's note of "cover" shoots that theory in the bum)
b: a variant cover to issue #1
or
c. the cover to issue #4.

Wait, did I say the cover to #4? Yes I did. Yes, yes indeed, I did. But DC has only solicited Doom Patrol #1 and Doom Patrol #2. Yes, Rob Kelly, they have only solicited those two, but I can assure you this is NOT the cover to Doom Patrol #3. At least not the MAIN cover.Let's just say I've seen visions.

Speaking of visions, this week has two - TWO - comic cons going on! There's certain to be some Doom Patrol-ish announcements made and as soon as I'm aware of them, I'll post links and images and news.

Oh yeah! It's also Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to all you groovy daddy-os out there.

UPDATE:

Finished ink image from the Source.

5 comments:

  1. "You've seen visions?" Don't be a knowledge hog! Spill the beans! lol

    Does it reveal the next member? Is it Elasti-Girl by Adam Hughes? Guess I'm going to have to wait for October's solicits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I singled out in this post? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not, Rob?

    As for the visions, I am sworn to secrecy, Dan. Of course, I'm also swearing AT secrecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the full inks are up on the DC Source now.

    This series looks really good! Keep up the good work here!

    The Irredeemable Shag
    http://onceuponageek.com
    http://firestormfan.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails