Tuesday, January 8, 2013

MC in the Motor City!

Quick post for today. Looking into the future a bit, past the snow and ice, mid-May always brings the Motor City Comic Con to Novi, Michigan. Novi, for those of you non-Michiganders, is roughly a half hour outside of Detroit. The con itself has trended towards pop culture more than comics in recent years, but this year sees a MAJOR upswing back into the world of comic books. Why's that you ask? 

Well, some guy named Stan Lee's going to be there. And another fella named George Pérez. Rafael Albuquerque and Mike McKone are also on the guest list, but the one comic creator I'm most eager to meet is Doom Patrol volume 5 artist Matthew Clark! 



I cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I am to finally have a chance to meet Matthew. He's been über-generous with his time for this blog and his reinterpretations of the DP are definitive in my mind. I'm happy to have a chance to finally shake his hand and thank him. In May. Just a few more months to go. 

Hopefully by then we'll see more DP in the DC Universe, but I'm not going to hold my breath. No sir. Instead I'm going to keep reading my Doom Patrol back issues and breathe easy knowing that I don't have to go too far from home to find a great array of comic book creators this coming con season. 

For those of you thinking about coming to Novi that weekend, the Detroit Tigers aren't at home, so you'll have plenty of time to focus on the comic con without feeling like you're missing something. Here's a link to the comic guest list for the con

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails