Thursday, January 3, 2013

Added for 2013

I haven't done this in the past, but I've threatened to do so. In 2013, I plan to review, as I do for Comic Book Resources, a run of Doom Patrol. I've been wanting to unlax my poor little brain from so much of today's comics by reading (or re-reading) some DP adventures, but just haven't been able to fit it in. 

So I hemmed and I hawed. I really wanted to take a swing at John Byrne's 2004-2005 volume (Volume 4 as it were), but the fine fellows at Doom Podtrol are doing a very good job with that series. Alternatively, they're tackling the Morrison issues of the second volume of Doom Patrol with episodes in between their Byrne musings. Scott and Murray have also hit the highlights for the last, pre-New 52 volume as well as the original series, so that really only leaves the John Arcudi and Tan Eng Huat collection. 

That said, beginning Thursday, January 10, I'll be reviewing the entire run, one issue at a time. During the week I'll post panels from that book resurrecting Negative Mondays and Gal Fridays (formerly known as Elasti-Girl Fridays) and using DC's philosophy of selectively re-numbering continuity. 

Fridays following the post will include a panel featuring one of the DP's female characters, but Monday before will feature someone being in the issue coming up. So there you go: Negative Mondays and Gal Fridays return in 2013. See y'all on Monday! 


I promise not to be brutal with the reviews, Cliff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails