Wednesday, February 9, 2011

TWART is Doomed! (with awesomeness!)

Hey kids!
It's been a long, long time since I've posted, and I'm sorry. I've been very busy with work and busier still with extracurricular activities. But enough about me.

Let's talk about Comic Twart. For those of you that have never dared to click through some of the links I house to the right here, you've missed out - completely - on Twart. It's a collective of artists who draw characters and tweet the drawings. The artists choose a character and go from there, with each submitting their drawing. Check out the Twart to see the list of artists and the characters they've rendered to this point. There are some wonderfully fun choices, and some headscratchers, but the end result is enjoyable art all the way around.

Wellllllllllllllllllll, this week, Chris Samnee (I'm told it rhymes with "omni") stepped up and chose the Doom Patrol. I'm a big-time Chris Samnee fan as it is. His stuff was amazingly good on Thor: The Mighty Avenger, and his style is unlike many others. I've been patiently waiting to see what Chris does next, and given that he chose this week's topic, looks like he'll be doing THE DOOM PATROL! For a single drawing at least. Sorry, went all caps for the dramatic effect.

At any rate, the Twartists have started submitting their DP drawings, beginning with the newest Twartist of all: Dave Johnson. Johnson's no stranger to comics, but hasn't done much interior work of late (that I'm aware of, please let me know otherwise), opting for cover work. Naturally, he's a perfect match for the Twart.

I'll share the image with you here, but please, do yourself a favor and check out the site yourself. You will not be disappointed.

I like Johnson's work, especially his Freedom Fighters covers of late. Seeing him deliver Cliff Steele here is an amazing piece of work. Looks like it's going to be a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails