Thursday, July 8, 2010

Doom Patrol #12 preview

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got to get through the work day before I can snag my new comics. Makes those late comics all the later. This seems to be a pretty big week for me, too. Brightest Day, Doom Patrol, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Hawkeye & Mockingbird. Good stuff to look forward to in the sweltering July heat.

When I was a kid, we lived in a colonial and didn't have air, so we would use box fans to cool down. More than a few summer days and evenings were spent laying on the floor (or the bed, depending on just how late it was or how obnoxious my brother was being) reading comics. I would have to hold the pages down against the breeze from the fan, but it was part of the experience for me.

Some of these books look like summer reading to me, especially this week's DP.

That said, here's a link to Newsarama's sneak peek at Doom Patrol #12.

Looks like Ron Randall's onboard for a large chunk of the art again. Fair warning, though, there appears to be a surprise reveal in this preview. Good stuff. C'mon 5:00!! Hurry up!

Stop by and let me know what you think about the latest issue. Also feel free to share your tips for keeping cool while reading.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post - I have a bit more of a wait for my copy - all mine come in the middle of each month, in one big package!

    As for how to keep cool trip down to New Zealand - here it's winter and ski season is in full swing! Sure it's a bit expensive, but how much is a cooler climate worth? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My evaluation of this issue is going to have to wait until I can crank out my reviews for the week. One more side effect of the holiday.

    Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This issue was EXTREMELY confusing! I even checked with another friend of mine who reads the title, and he said the same thing.

    I wish DC would give this book more of a push! We've got about four months left at the rate of readership drops, before it hits Warlord/cancellation level numbers. I'm prayin' for a miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails