Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Negative Monday 21

Twenty-one! I win!

Twenty-one is one of those trigger words for me. Every time I hear it, I think about the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he's playing Blaque Jaque Shellaque. Of course, this post has nothing to do with Blaque Jaque, but the next post does have something to do with Blackest Night. (horrible, horrible transition, I know, but what do you want for free?)

Anyway, I've slipped once more. To make that to you, today I'm going to share the pencils for the cover from last week's January solicits. I'm still not sure HOW I got this beautiful image (and even if I was sure, I'm sworn to secrecy), but I think it is safe to share the pencils now that the actual cover has been shared.

Just to be 100% certain I don't blow anything, here's the cover and solicit from October 19:
DOOM PATROL #6
Written by Keith Giffen; co-feature written by Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis
Art by Matthew Clark; co-feature art by Kevin Maguire
Cover by Matthew Clark
This month, we spotlight Negative Man, who’s going to knit the history of The Doom Patrol into one cohesive whole. Cohesive to him, anyway.
Plus, The Metal Men find another gag that those three old geezers doing the feature can run into the ground.
On sale January 6 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US


Full January 2010 solicits for DC Comics can be found at Comic Book Resources, among other places, but CBR is near and dear to my heart.

And now for those pencils I promised:

It amazes me how comfortably Matthew Clark renders all of these characters, and quite frankly, it disappoints me a little bit that we can't have Rebis and Val on the team alongside Larry.

Next up, I'll be linking the DP pages from The Source. Sure, you could just click on over there, but my witty banter will still be right here.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails