Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blackest Night

This one isn't really Doom Patrol related, or is it?!??!

As I was reading Blackest Night #1, I kept getting more and more blown away with each page. Then I got to the conversation between Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Barry wants to know who else has fallen.
So Hal shows him. As expected, this included a few Doom Patrolers.
Celsius (far right, bottom) sure.
Negative Woman (far left middle) really? Did Val actually die in Final Crisis? I couldn't bring myself to finish Final Crisis, so I am woefully uninformed at this point.
Tempest, er, Josh Clay (middle, near crease at top of page)

Anyone else find any others? Personally, I was expecting to see Dorothy Spinner, Rita Farr (remember Chief cloned her from a skull fragment), Lodestone, Karma, and Scott Fischer, among others.

While I have never been the biggest Green Lantern fan, I've been buying into the hype leading up to Blackest Night. I cannot rationally explain why, save for the fact that I am really hoping for a great summer event comic. Sure, it's only one issue in, but I think I'm getting my hopes filled here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks awesome! I have to wait till the middle of next month for my copy due to mail subscriptions, but year that scene is just fantastic!

    Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val died in RESIST, the Sook-drawn one-shot. She was stationed in the Antarctic with Checkmate and was Anti-Lifed by Fire.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails